Sunday, July 6, 2008

US Government against radio ?

Although this is totally unrelated to JavaScript, in any way, I think the community as a whole will understand how important this is.

A few months ago, I received several emails stating that the new internet regulations may bring down internet radio sites such as pandora and others.  Today, I received an email that really disturbed me. The government was going to cut funding on the SETI@Home project.  Is the US Government opposed to radio waves?

Seriously, I thought it funny for a second, but the seriousness of the matter is at hand.

Please take a moment to help us SAVE ARECIBO.

http://setiathome.berkeley.edu/arecibo_letter.php

and generate letters to submit to Congress.  I am urging all who read this take the time to print out the letters it generates and mail them through snail mail. Electronic mail too often gets discarded, and physical letters make a bolder statement.

Thank you for caring about such an important project to save the Arecibo Observatory, the world's largest radio telescope at the Berkeley.
Blogged with the Flock Browser

No comments: